Be bouncy and buoyant in the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 3. The upper features flowing 2-tone lines of breathable, stretchable Flyknit construction for unique, street-ready style. Revolutionary VaporMax Air technology keeps spring in your step with toe-to-heel cushioning.
- VaporMax Air technology provides soft, lightweight responsiveness.
- Flyknit construction seamlessly integrates breathability, stretch and support.
- Textured 2-tone upper takes inspiration from the flowing, linear lines of couture fashion.
- Flywire cables work with the laces to provide more support as you tighten them.
- Strategic engineering creates contoured cushioning that sits directly underfoot and flexes with your stride.
- Skin overlay on the centre of the heel features a linear “VAPORMAX” logo.
- Tongue label draws inspiration from patches on Apollo spacesuits.
- Integrated lugs across the outsole create bouncy traction.
- Rubber pods in high-wear areas enhance durability.
Nike Air VaporMax
After the seven-year journey from conception to release, the Air VaporMax represents a new era in Nike innovation. To truly capture the feeling of “running on air”, the designers restructured the Air unit to be attached directly to the upper. As you step down, each lug gets pushed into the Air unit, ramping up the pressure. Then, as you step off, the pressure releases creating springy bounce with superior flexibility. Made for runners, the futuristic technology was quickly adopted by the street, bringing this light-as-air feeling to the masses.
The Air VaporMax Flyknit 3 Triple Black ushered in a new chapter in the VaporMax line. Its Air unit was designed to be attached directly to the upper to capture the feeling of running on air. While VaporMax was initially designed for runners, it has been incorporated in other designs to give the light-as-air feeling.
The Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 3 Triple Black features a stretchable Flyknit upper construction with 2-tone lines of breathability. The VaporMax technology offers more cushioning and lightweight responsiveness, with the lugs creating a bouncy traction. Other design features include Flywire cables to provide more support, rubber pods in high-wear areas for durability, and the strategic engineering that flexes with each stride to create contoured cushioning. Experience a futuristic feel with a space-age design and a tongue label inspired by patches from the Apollo spacesuits.
The Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 3 Triple Black released in March of 2019 for $190.
The company was founded on January 25, 1964, as Blue Ribbon Sports, by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, and officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1971. The company takes its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory. Nike markets its products under its own brand, as well as Nike Golf, Nike Pro, Nike+, Air Jordan, Nike Blazers, Air Force 1, Nike Dunk, Air Max, Foamposite, Nike Skateboarding, Nike CR7, and subsidiaries including Brand Jordan, Hurley International and Converse.