The New Balance 2002R ‘Phantom’ is taken from the ‘Protection Pack,’ composed of three neutral colorways of the lifestyle runner originally released in 2010. This pair showcases a monochromatic dark grey finish throughout the upper, featuring a breathable mesh base with raw-edged suede overlays that enhance the shoe’s deconstructed look. A tonal ‘N’ logo on the quarter panel is joined by a discreet 2002r callout on the lateral side. A distressed ABZORB midsole, borrowed from the 860v2, delivers lightweight cushioning and a smooth ride.
The 2023 Lunar New Year Collection, inspired by the Year of the Rabbit, is a blend of gentle approachability and willful boldness. A range of footwear and apparel is outfitted with the easy to wear versatility of soft, neutral tones, with the incorporation of deep red pieces throughout the collection adding flashes of unexpected spontaneity. The Lunar New Year 2002RD outfits the fashion-forward ‘Refined Future’ formulation of the popular silhouette in a neutral palette that highlights the shoe’s material mix. The mesh upper serves as a consistent grey base, with the suede overlays, heel counter, and tongue offering a more pronounced sense of contrast.
- ABZORB midsole absorbs impact through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance
- ABZORB SBS heel cushioning delivers additional stability and comfort
- Suede and mesh upper
- N-ergy outsole provides superior shock absorption
- Stability Web outsole technology provides added arch support
- Colors inspired by Lunar New Year