Launching as part of the three-piece ‘Protection Pack,’ the New Balance 2002R ‘Rain Cloud’ applies a greyscale finish to a revamped iteration of the lifestyle runner. The breathable grey mesh upper is fortified with raw-edged suede overlays, their uneven lines conveying the impression that the material had eroded over time. An exposed foam tongue accentuates the shoe’s deconstructed aesthetic. Lightweight cushioning is provided by a distressed ABZORB midsole, which is paired with an N-ergy outsole for improved impact protection.
The 2023 Lunar New Year Collection, inspired by the Year of the Rabbit, is a blend of gentle approachability and willful boldness. A range of footwear and apparel is outfitted with the easy to wear versatility of soft, neutral tones, with the incorporation of deep red pieces throughout the collection adding flashes of unexpected spontaneity. The Lunar New Year 2002RD outfits the fashion-forward ‘Refined Future’ formulation of the popular silhouette in a neutral palette that highlights the shoe’s material mix. The mesh upper serves as a consistent grey base, with the suede overlays, heel counter, and tongue offering a more pronounced sense of contrast.
- ABZORB midsole absorbs impact through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance
- ABZORB SBS heel cushioning delivers additional stability and comfort
- Suede and mesh upper
- N-ergy outsole provides superior shock absorption
- Stability Web outsole technology provides added arch support
- Colors inspired by Lunar New Year