Be bouncy and buoyant in the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit 3. The upper features flowing 2-tone lines of breathable, stretchable Flyknit construction for unique, street-ready style. Revolutionary VaporMax Air technology keeps spring in your step with toe-to-heel cushioning.
- VaporMax Air technology provides soft, lightweight responsiveness.
- Flyknit construction seamlessly integrates breathability, stretch and support.
- Textured 2-tone upper takes inspiration from the flowing, linear lines of couture fashion.
- Flywire cables work with the laces to provide more support as you tighten them.
- Strategic engineering creates contoured cushioning that sits directly underfoot and flexes with your stride.
- Skin overlay on the centre of the heel features a linear “VAPORMAX” logo.
- Tongue label draws inspiration from patches on Apollo spacesuits.
- Integrated lugs across the outsole create bouncy traction.
- Rubber pods in high-wear areas enhance durability.
Nike Air VaporMax
After the seven-year journey from conception to release, the Air VaporMax represents a new era in Nike innovation. To truly capture the feeling of “running on air”, the designers restructured the Air unit to be attached directly to the upper. As you step down, each lug gets pushed into the Air unit, ramping up the pressure. Then, as you step off, the pressure releases creating springy bounce with superior flexibility. Made for runners, the futuristic technology was quickly adopted by the street, bringing this light-as-air feeling to the masses.
The company was founded on January 25, 1964, as Blue Ribbon Sports, by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight, and officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1971. The company takes its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory. Nike markets its products under its own brand, as well as Nike Golf, Nike Pro, Nike+, Air Jordan, Nike Blazers, Air Force 1, Nike Dunk, Air Max, Foamposite, Nike Skateboarding, Nike CR7, and subsidiaries including Brand Jordan, Hurley International and Converse.